Hello all! Two posts in two days means a heck of a lot to update, I suppose! I'm a little shocked myself! Anyhow, this past week was...as I mentioned in my last post, Spring Break. For us, it was a more of a pause...an intermission. I knew going into the week that I needed to incorporate a little work into our week of play. Luckily, Noah doesn't truly understand the meaning of a "break"...mainly b/c when you homeschool, the lines between school and down time seem to blur....so, we are always,
always learning....
something. That's one of my favorite parts of homeschooling....when you're not instructing, your focus changes to building character traits through everyday activities...one way we've done this is by assigning chores and responsibilities...and, one of the traits we've learned since last August is orderliness. This week was mainly a review of Math, Reading, and Phonics. Since Sailer was home, I had to create a separate curriculum for her, which included learning how to dress for different types of weather, etc., tracing (for pencil control), cutting with scissors, and working on a princess castle mosaic. I'd say that Sailer's favorite activity is tracing her name after I write it....she likes to trace fancy letters, so I usually write a fancy "S" for her to trace. She has great pencil control for her age....she's been tracing for a long time, and I know it will help her tremendously as she prepares to write next year in preschool. The kids also made their own bouncy ball from a kit that I got for Noah...it was really cool! Then, they watched a dinosaur hatch from an egg that was immersed in water for 48 hours...each morning, the kids would run into the bathroom to see if "Rexy" (named by Noah) had hatched yet...one morning, we saw the tip top of his head, then, later that day, his foot emerged! It was awesome! And, we can't forget about our beloved chickens...lol. Twice a day, Noah collects eggs from them, feeds them, and gives them water. This week, Sailer also helped....and, as you'll see, she wore her Pinkalicious princess dress for the occasion...lol. Such a girly girl..if I've ever seen one!
Also posted below are some pics from a super fun park playdate with some sweet friends of ours...on this particular day, it was stunning outside...and, there was a nice breeze blowing. We played & then met for a yummy treat at Menchie's, a frozen yogurt shop nearby. It was perfect! A few days later, I took the kids to Lost Mountain Park for more playtime with Paw-Paw, then more frozen yogurt...this time, at Yogli Mogli. Yummmmmmm! We have fallen in love with frozen yogurt..it's so refreshing and a cheap treat! :)
I can't tell you guys how much I've enjoyed this week...regardless of the stress of our injuries...I was still able to keep up with the kiddos with minimal pain in my foot. We have a very busy week coming up though...please be praying for us! We have 3 doctor's appts...one for myself, one for Noah, and one for Jason...not to mention school for both kids, picture day for Sailer, gymnastics, and more homeschooling lessons! Whew! We are SO looking forward to Noah getting his cast off, particularly so he can write easily again...the shape of his cast has made that difficult! Praying that we can pace ourselves & make it through! I am trusting completely that the Lord will provide energy where we need it....which is NOW! lol.
Happy Spring to you all! Until next time...








































Hugs, Kisses, & Lots of Spring Love from Noah & Sailer!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment