Friday, April 8, 2011

~Our Life in a Mixture of Pictures...January - Early April~

Well....hello people! I'm almost embarrassed that it has been SO long since I've blogged....truly, I have some really good excuses..I do...promise :) I've been wanting to blog all week....after all, this IS Spring Break, and things are supposed to be...relaxed..right? (insert sarcastic laughs here). Well...not so much....it's been fun though...I guess the best place to start with this post is by saying that the month of March...for our family...was NOT the greatest of the greatest. In fact, it was probably one of the toughest. On March 2nd, I received a call from Noah's Director from school....just the sound of her voice made me sick to my stomach..I just knew something was wrong. Turns out...Noah had broken his arm....BOTH bones..the radius and ulna in his lower arm. After tossing Sailer over to my in-laws, Jason and I hurried over to Scottish Rite for the next 8 hours...it was emotionally exhausting. But...the most amazing part, and still unbelievable to us now, is that Noah never shed a tear...not one. Later, we learned that this is quite normal..considering the amount of shock these little guys can be in when there is a broken bone. Jason and I, however, were hurting enough for him...it was just devastating. Just the night before, we had kicked off Noah's Spring Soccer season with a fantastic practice...then, in the blink of an eye, we knew he'd be out for the season....and, our little world would change in a big way..at least for awhile. Then..ironically, the very next day, my right foot starting hurting....nothing big at the time..just achy and sore. I figured it was from standing and walking on that hard hospital floor for many, many hours in not so comfortable or supportive shoes....:P. SO....fast forward a few days later, I decided to visit my chiropractor for my foot...in the past, all I needed was a good adjustment, then I'd bounce right back. But...nope, not this time. Long story short....after 20 days of pain and discomfort and procrastinating, I went to my regular M.D. for an x-ray.....stress fracture....ugh. Are you kidding me? Then, orthopedic....then, an MRI. The appts. never seemed to end! It seemed like between Noah and I....we were at the doctor twice a week for 3 straight weeks! It was a lot to handle...and, in the meantime, we were becoming quite behind on homeschooling b/c of being at the doctor, so we were forced to use a few Saturdays (I know...gasp!) for lessons, and quite a few of our "fun Fridays" as well....wow. Then, in the middle of the doctor chaos, I was wrapping up plans for Sailer's 3rd Birthday Bash. And, if you're a parent, you know how stressful and anxious you become that last week before the party....there's so many last minute errands & other considerations...it can be overwhelming during a good month...much less during a month like this one! But, I gladly got my walking boot & crutches the day before Sailer's party, and kept going.....that's what we do right? Especially as mothers, when life gets rough, you just keep going. Reminds me of Dori in Finding Nemo..."just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." :)
Anyway, by the time Spring Break was approaching this week, I was....glad...until.....are you ready for this? Jason called on the Sunday before Spring Break officially began to say that his ankle was hurting. I seriously thought...this is a joke, right? Late April Fools? Please say so! But....no. It was true...sprained ankle for Daddy. So...we are a pitiful sight....and, if I don't laugh about it, I will certainly cry. Picture this....Noah in a cast, Daddy in a walking boot with crutches, & Mommy in a walking boot with crutches....and, NO...I refuse to take a picture.....lol. Although we could probably win a contest with that one! But...all in all, we are all....better...(knocking on wood as I type that). At least the sweet birthday girl is healthy and pain free! Soooo happy to finally be back on the blogging track & excited to share some sweet photos with you all! As you can imagine, there's LOTS....a little from Valentine's Day, a few from cousin Maddie's 2nd B/day, Sailer's birthday parties...her gymnastics party at GAA & family party (bunnies included!), a few reflection photos...Noah holding Sailer the day that we brought her home from the hospital, a picture from her 1st B/day & 1st year, a picture of her flowing in her tutu dress for B/day #2, and a picture of her at 3! It's an eclectic mix of photos, for sure! Hope you guys are enjoying our sunny start to Spring!!!!! We are looking forward to (and happy about) a late Easter this year & many fun memories to come SOON!!!! :-)

Can't wait to see & hear about all of your Spring Breaks! We've got some fun pics to share as well...maybe later today...but, no promises from this momma...wink, wink:-) Happy Saturday!









































































2 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Love the pictures, Summer! Your kiddos are beautiful! So sorry about all the injuries...you should be good for a while though...3...i'd say you've had your fair share.

Muddy Dump Trucks & Stilettos said...

Gosh! Hope ya'll start healing up very soon! Sailor might be the cutest lil girl on the planet! Love all her bday pics!