First of all, I'd like to say that this Christmas Eve was the best that I've had in years! Two reasons....first, Jason got to spend it with us! Second, I found out that I got an "A" in my first graduate class! What a great start to a great Christmas Eve! It was wonderful getting to have breakfast together, play with the kids, and just relax. I got a big surprise when I was wrapping a few last minute gifts....Jason was playing with Noah and Sailer, and he brought Sailer in to see me. I looked up and she was holding a small black velvet bag....so, I just laughed and asked Jason..."What is that?" So...as I opened it, my jaw dropped...it was princess cut diamond earrings!!! Not for me though!! For SAILER!!! :) Jason and I had discussed getting Sailer's ears pierced, and we decided that her first birthday would be appropriate (actually, we met in the middle..Jason wanted to wait until she was old enough to ask!). So...this was a shock to say the least...they were the pointed kind with the click on backing to get her ears pierced with. He had even called our pediatrician to ask some questions about what kind would be best, etc. So..I have to say, I was impressed, and they are so dainty and beautiful! :) Jason sure does love his little girl!
Here are some pictures from our Christmas Eve dinner at Poppa's and Granmama's...this is one of my favorite nights of the year b/c we all get dressed up, and come together in the spirit of Christmas...it's a wonderful time! Here is how we usually open gifts...Granmama has all of the gifts hidden in the back bedroom, and Uncle Chad and Noah bring each gift out...one by one...and give one gift to everyone. Then, we go around and everyone opens their gift for all to see! And, yes...this can take a few hours! It's crazy! But, we love it, and Noah was especially excited this year! He helped everyone open their gifts, and he was in awe of every gift...even if it was a shirt...he would say..."Whoa....this is cool," or "Aww...that's cute." (Jason cringes when Noah says anything is cute :) It was truly a special night....
This is about as close as Sailer got to opening her gifts....she liked to climb on them, and play with the wrapping paper!
Lounging with Dede and Big Daddy! :)
This was about the best picture I could get of Sailer's outfit...it has her initials on it...I think she looked like a little candy cane in her tights!

1 comment:
I just have to comment on Sailer's outfit. It is so cute!
Post a Comment