Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'll Huff....& Puff....& BLOW You Away!!!

Ok....well, this all happened within the last hour. If you need a laugh, well, just keep reading.... The picture below is Noah holding his "mail," as he likes to call it. I'll explain this one below.....:)


I had just given Sailer a bath, and I was dressing her, and getting her ready for the evening....all of her lotions and oils were laying out beside her on the bed. Of course, Noah was right there too...ready to help me with EVERYTHING..as always. But, he was annoying me a little b/c he kept hiding all of her lotions behind the pillows on the bed. So, after telling him repeatedly to STOP, I finally had enough and got really stern with him....P.S. He DOES NOT like getting in trouble. So, he quietly turned his back and started to walk off.....I figured he would pout for a couple of minutes like he normally does. Then, out of nowhere, he jerked his head around and started HUFFING....and PUFFING, and BLOWING as HARD and as FAST as he could! He said he was going to blow me and sissy AWAY!!! (By the way, he just heard the story about the big bad wolf and the 3 little pigs for the first time the other day!) This just about sums up Noah these days....since he's turned 3, he is more HILARIOUS than ever, and believe me, he can be a real "pill" sometimes.

Minutes later, he came running into my room to hug, kiss, and love all over me and Sailer....that's our little Noah! :)
Well...there's more. Not long after Noah tried to blow us away, Jason got home from work. He brought in the mail, and Noah immediately picked up the newspaper, and ran towards the bathroom! HUH? WHO taught him this? I can assure you....it wasn't me! :) This explains the picture above...:)
So...on to dinner. I was getting Noah's plate ready, and I was washing my hands at the kitchen sink. There are blinds right above the sink that we have kept open to let the sunlight in. When I was drying my hands off, I accidentally hit the strings that are used to pull the blinds open/closed. It made a sound, but I just ignored it. Next thing I know...Noah looks over and says, "Mommy, what was that sound?" I thought for a second, and as I started to give an answer Noah says...."Oh...Mommy just pooted." I was like....NOOOOOO! I didn't...it was.....and I couldn't even get it out. I was laughing so hard, and I thought to myself..."what does it matter? It's not worth trying to convince him that it wasn't what he thinks it was....."
One last Noah moment.....well, we made it through dinner and I was holding Sailer for a minute and cleaning up.....Noah asked where daddy was. I said well....he's probably in the bathroom...(Hehe :) So, of course, Noah ventures back to our bedroom to look for daddy....I listen from the kitchen and start laughing as I hear Jason say...."Noah! Please close the door!" Well....Noah came running into the kitchen all upset b/c he doesn't understand why he cannot go into the bathroom with daddy....so, I try to explain that sometimes, people want their privacy.....Noah just looks at me and says...."But, it's MEEEEE!" (as he puts his hand on his chest....) It was so sweet.....he said..."Mommy, daddy is mad at me!" So, here I was....trying to convince Noah of something else that I KNOW he doesn't understand.......
You know what? I'm tired...and it's not even 8:00 p.m. yet! What a night!


3 comments:

Clh03uga said...

How funny, Summer! What a sweet little boy. I have a sweet one too, but I DEFINITELY know about them being a "pill" as you put it. ;) You're a great writer by the way.

Shannon said...

I feel like we live the same life!! Noah's stories are too cute. and Carter is the exact same way about getting in trouble - he always hangs his head and goes away to 'pout'.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny...but I have one question--I'm not totally convinced that Noah learned how to read the paper on the toilet from his daddy...it could be the mommy who he learned this from! Noah is just like his daddy--and it will only get better b/c Jason is the best guy that I know!!

Peace--from JT!