Since our last post (when Noah asked Jesus into his heart ~ Aug. 11th!), both kids have started school, of course. Noah is in his first year of PUBLIC school (BIG change from last year!), and Sailer is in her 2nd year at Burnt Hickory's preschool program. The first week for both was a little of a whirlwind....getting up early, lunches being made, bags being packed, clothes ready, & getting used to CARPOOL....which, I quickly found was NOT fun (it's since gotten a bit better:). BOTH kids are dropped off & picked up in carline, so, I am in carpool a total of 11 times/week...thank goodness Jason is able to take Noah in the mornings, so that I can at least have a cup of coffee while getting Sailer out of bed...it's the little things, right? ;)
Although I had prayed for months about Noah's transition to public school, this first week (actually the first month!) was unnerving for me. Jason & I walked him in on the first day, of course, but after that...it was ALL Noah. We had many conversations about trust & responsibility, and "I" had many conversations with the Lord about my OWN trust issues....trusting Noah's teachers, the staff at school, Noah, & ultimately....the Lord. A huge struggle of mine, initially, was not being able to speak to his teacher daily....as I was able to last year via homeschooling co-op. But, thankfully (and b/c the Lord knew what I needed), Noah's teacher called an impromptu conference with me not long after school began to just chat...it was SO nice...just what I needed. He was doing fantastic....every single subject was on par (which was another huge praise, since I did not officially "test" or evaluate his progress last year). Every encouraging word gave me strength & confidence to continue trusting.
Noah beams with excitement & joy when he gets home from school! He's met lots of new friends & has learned SO much...his teacher said that he was one of the most enthusiastic learners she's ever known. This kid just LOVES to learn! I am so comforted by this! His strength, no doubt, is reading. We are so proud! As he begins the 2nd half of the school year Tuesday, we will continue to pray in hope that he will continue on this path of learning & excitement!
As for our girl? Well, she's doing terrific too! This year, as a BIG 3 year old (lol), she gets dropped off in carline! She definitely thinks she's big stuff now! ;) Like with Noah, though, I wasn't a big fan of carline at first. Last year, when I walked her into preschool, I was able to see her teachers, see the other moms...it was so nice! I quickly met new friends, and it was so great! But...this year, I've felt a little disconnected...since I never see her teachers or the other moms. Don't get me wrong....carline is super convenient, especially on rainy days, but I miss seeing the other moms & chatting. I've since gotten used to it, but I'll always miss that. Anyway, Sailer is our silent achiever....she is doing so well....we always knew she would. She's incredibly smart....focused....a great listener. Her teacher is a former K teacher, and we LOVE her! She's a great fit for our quiet girl! And, she loves Sailer with all of her heart, and I am comforted by that. Sailer's strength is Math....she's a numbers girl! I am so proud & look forward to registering her this month for PRE-K next year (eeek! so hard to believe!).
So...the kids are great...PRAISE the LORD! I can't say that enough!
As for Jason & I? We're great too! Lots of NEW things going on.....& a few transitions too. Last August, right before school began, I signed on to be a fashion stylist (direct sales leader) for Vintage Couture, Inc. VC is one of my favorite, FAVORITE designers of children's clothing (boys, girls, & misses) & boutique fashions. As a fashion stylist, I host trunk shows & represent this amazing brand! AND, I get to dress Noah & Sailer from my trunk! That's the best part! Definitely! It's been SO fun! During Fall & early Winter, I had 10 shows scheduled, so....needless to say, it was BUSY! Much more than I thought. But, it was a joy, and I've met some really great ladies too!
Jason has had his own busy-ness going on.....many of you know that he is a Funeral Director (his primary job...lol), and his family is currently building a NEW funeral home, which will soon open...we hope:) It's been a lengthy project for them, and it's taken LOTS of extra time & attention from Jason & his family. It's been pretty tough at times....but, such is the nature of this business. Sadly, we get used to having him gone A LOT, and knowing that he is technically always "on-call." He will be moving to the NEW location (which is SUPER close to home...yay!) soon, and we hope that business continues to be great...for all of our sakes! We feel VERY VERY blessed by his job...even if it does require that he is gone lots...it IS a stable job, after all! Btw....he continues to keep busy with photography & leading the worship band on Sunday nights....please pray for him as he tries to juggle all of these "jobs" this year....I am afraid we will never see him! :P
So....to gather my thoughts on the rest....our family is going through a transition right now....or, maybe I should call it a journey...to a new church home. Currently, we are searching. We've spent the past 6-7 weeks visiting a great, new church. Typically, I like change. But, I wasn't really up for THIS type of change....it's been uncomfortable, but in my heart, I know it's the right step. I believe that the Lord keeps us uncomfortable sometimes....to help us "lean" on Him. That's what we've had to do. Completely. VERY few people know about this....of course, after this post is published, that will change...:) We are okay with that. We have nothing to hide or be ashamed of....just following God's call. If you are convicted to do so, please pray with us about this.
Well, guess I can wrap up....I know I'm leaving out a TON of details about these past 5 months, but, those details will come with time, if they are meant to be shared. For now, I'll leave one picture...well, maybe 2. One of the kids from our Christmas Card, and one of our sweet Goldie, who joined our family a few months ago....she's the sweetest yellow lab in the world! We just love her!
Blessings to you all,
Summer

1 comment:
Life. So crazy and so wonderful. I'm so glad you guys are doing well. No matter what life brings God is so faithful to his children. Hope to see you soon. Maybe we could have a girls night out.
Post a Comment