Thursday, August 11, 2011

~ From Blisters to Salvation ~

Wow. How my heart overflows at this moment....on this day, the 11th of August, 2011. My sweet son has decided to ask Jesus into his heart! I am reminded today that "his mercies are new each morning, GREAT is His faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:23).

This is Noah's story....from blisters to salvation....

As many of you know, last week, our family went to Panama City Beach for a much-needed vacation. While we were there, my parents dropped in for a couple of days to surprise the kids....and, what a surprise it was! We had the best few days EVER with them! One of those days, Jason, my Dad, and Noah walked to the pier...my poor guy got the worst blisters on his little feet (walking with sandy feet in crocs is NOT the best idea!). This morning, after Noah showered, I asked him how his blisters were feeling. We looked at them, and noticed that the scabs had fallen off, and that there was new skin there....that soft pink skin. So, I told Noah, "You should be fine to wear regular shoes next week for school, since you have new skin now....this is the last phase of healing." Then, he paused, and said..."Mom, how much skin do we have?" Me: "Well, we have several layers..." Noah: "How did God make our skin?" Me: "Well, I'm not sure. Only HE knows that. In fact, that is one of the many questions I'd like to ask him one day when I see him in heaven." Of course, Noah wanted to know "when" we would see Jesus, and exactly "how" we would get to heaven. Up until this point, we have not addressed the subject of "death" with Noah...simply because I didn't want to frighten him, and I knew that it would come up naturally in conversation when he was ready. I was convinced that this was that "natural conversation." We discussed God's promise to his believers, and I shared a little of my own testimony with him....all the while, trying to keep it simple. He said that he did not want to die (broke my heart!), and that he was scared, but when he DID die, he wanted to make sure that he went to heaven to be with Jesus and live with him. I told him..."This decision that you're making is the absolute MOST IMPORTANT decision that you'll EVER make in your life." He smiled sweetly and bowed his head. Then, he said..."Mom, can we pray about this when Dad gets home? And, can I tell Sailer about my decision?" Of course you can, my sweet boy. My heart swelled!

"This is the day that the Lord hath made! Let us REJOICE and be GLAD in it!!!!" (Psalm 118:24)

Later, during our family prayer time, we read the story of Jesus' crucifixion. We explained to Noah that Jesus wants to forgive us for our mistakes (sins), but we have to ask him to do so...and, we need to mean it. Then, we asked if he was ready to repeat the sinner's prayer with us....he repeated it perfectly and sweetly after us. We documented this date....August 11th, 2011 in the cover of his Bible, so that he will always remember the significance of this decision.

In my heart, I know that Noah doesn't fully understand the magnitude of his decision, but I can say (with confidence!) that the Lord led him to say this prayer tonight. There is no doubt about that.

It gives me such peace and joy knowing that my son is a true child of God!

With Bursting Love~ Summer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! My heart is overflowing with joy right now. This is every grandparents moment that they want to experience and live for. I'm so happy for my Noah in this most important decision he will ever make in his lifetime. I thank God for his mommy and daddy that cared enough to share the gospel with their son and help lead him to Jesus. Love NeNe

Ashly said...

I'm so proud!!! Way to go Noah! and way to go Momma and Daddy:) YOU guys are doing a great job raising those 2 sweeties! I'm rejoicing and praising with you!

Jennifer said...

The video made me smile (and miss "my" Noah!), but this incredibly sweet account of the day brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful. So awesome you have this documented and he will be able to look back and know the day he made his decision. So wonderful!

Blair said...

What a blessing to lead your own child to Christ! THIS is what it's all about!

Ryan, Stephanie & Cason said...

Summer...I am in tears reading this! So special!