Saturday, June 11, 2011

~ Noah Turns SIX!!! ~

Sigh....I'm not quite sure where to even start with this post. I mean, seriously, I become emotional when I even talk about Noah growing up....even more so than Sailer...mainly b/c I've noticed so many changes within Noah over this past year, and I've spent considerable time lately concentrating on the changes that will be taking place within the next few months for him (and all of us). Transitioning from FIVE to SIX is UNreal. Really, it is! And, while Noah has gained a new perspective, a new maturity (although he's still a total goofball!), a little weight, a bunch of height, and a whole new set of opinions, he's lost that baby-ness that I always cherished so much...and, to be honest, I've tried to hold on to some of that....to no avail. I (think) I've come to terms with him growing up, and I've chosen to embrace his older, sweet self.....b/c I know that, before I know it, he'll be changing again.

Anyway, I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that we had to postpone our family vacation..due to Noah breaking his arm. So, since were IN town this week, we had our family over to celebrate Noah's 6th birthday on Wednesday....I'm always overwhelmed at how giving and gracious our families are when it comes to celebrating the kids. We had an absolute blast! This year, Noah and I filled a birthday bucket at Learning Express (one of his FAVE stores!), so each and every gift he received was something special that he picked out himself. He told me that his birthday was SO GREAT! In fact, he woke up at 6:30 a.m. the morning after his party (EARLY for him!) to put on his new Spy Gear that he received. lol. He even placed a motion detector by his bedroom door so he would be "alarmed" if a sneaky little girl felt a little snoopy....;)

This year...are you ready for this??? I made Noah's birthday cake....which was, of course, Spiderman! Jason thought it would be more special, and he thought it would be a great memory for me...and for Noah. Long story short....I gave in, and decided to take a stab at it, and although the Spiderman cake was super tedious to decorate, it turned out pretty darn good....I must say so! I used good ol' Funfetti cake mix, and it was very yummy! Then, we had an ice cream sundae bar for added sweetness....:) And, of course, plenty and plenty of pizza....if you know Noah, you'll know that pizza is his FAVORITE. It couldn't have been a more perfect party! I even had to paint my girl's twinkle toes with blue/red in honor of Spiderman...(Noah's idea!)...this girl would do anything for her big brother!!!!

The best part for us always is having our sweet family over....even though we all live close, we tend to get caught up in the craziness of our lives...and, at times, weeks go by without us seeing each other. Needless to say, it was time for a fun night! And, what's more fun than celebrating such a special SIX year old????

Noah, you're the absolute BEST son a Mother could hope or pray for!!!!! I love you with ALL of my heart and soul!!!!!















2 comments:

Ashly said...

wow! Really good job on that cake! Glad Noah had a great birthday

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this post Summer! Happy Birthday Noah!
You did a great job on the cake...I'm impressed!
And I LOVE Sailer's toenails! (We do that for the 4th...so much fun!)

Glad you are enjoying your summer inspite of the delayed vacation plans!