Sunday, June 12, 2011

~ Fashion Plate ~

Hi Friends & Happy Sunday to you all!!!! Just stopping by on our "Staycation" to say Hi & give a few updates....enjoy! :)

I often think of both of my grandmothers...especially when I spend time getting Sailer ready or picking out her clothes....I have to admit, it's SO fun! A few of you may know this, but when I was pregnant with Noah, before I even knew that I was having a son, my maternal grandmother passed away. I was SO heartbroken...she was such a HUGE part of my life growing up, and the thought of her not meeting my child really....broke. my. heart. Then, a few years later, when I was pregnant with Sailer, my paternal grandmother passed away....and, it was just a few short weeks before Sailer was born...which was...again...heartbreaking. I was SO close to both of them, and I wanted...more than anything, for them to know my children and see me become a Mom.

Lately, I've thought of them more and more...for some reason. My paternal grandmother would always say to me..."Summer, you're a fashion plate. You know that? You love fashion!" :) She was right! I always loved to dress up, play with make-up, and look for the latest styles and trends...it's just FUN. Now, I look at Sailer, and even at 3, I see that she loves fashion too...in her own little way. I told her the other day...."You're my little fashion plate..." At that moment, I thought of my grandmother....it's the little things about them that I miss the most.

Can't wait to see both of them again one day in a perfect heaven! But, for now, I will enjoy my little fashion plate, and think of them both with a smile...:-)


1 comment:

Ashly said...

so cute! Can't wait to spend time with you guys soon:)