Friday, December 3, 2010

~Good & Perfect Gifts~

Hi Friends! Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful & magnificent season of giving, sharing, and remembering the greatest Love of All...our Savior...Jesus! In the blink of an eye, we've celebrated Halloween, gorged ourselves with Thanksgiving feasts, and now....Santa Claus is coming to town! Sigh...it all happens so quickly. And, for someone who prides herself on being organized and ready for the season, I. Am. Not. The decorations went up early and the Christmas shopping is going to be late this year, I suppose :P It'll happen sometime before December 25th, right? lol.

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed your day of thanks with your beautiful families. Ours was a little different this year....but, we enjoyed it nonetheless. Jason's sweet grandmother, who has cooked every single Thanksgiving for over 30 years, unexpectedly went into the hospital the day BEFORE Thanksgiving. It was a scary day for us all, but she is home now....praise God! So...we plan on having our Pendley Thanksgiving feast this weekend. Jason also had to work for a bit on Thanksgiving Day (yuk!), but we still enjoyed a wonderful feast with my family...so, don't worry...we still got our grub on! :) And, the kids LOVED playing cornhole (or, as Sailer would say...cornho...lol!) for awhile after dinner....the weather was glorious!

Like all of you, I have Incredible blessings in my life....I feel as though I never thank God enough...or in the right way. Do any of you feel that way? This past week, especially, my heart has been bursting with thanksgiving. It amazes me that my God chooses to bless someone as undeserving as me.....it really does. I am enormously thankful.....just wanted to include a couple of pictures here of the good and perfect gifts in my life that only could come from above....

I thank God for the journey that I'm on with this man of mine....and, for all of the ways we compliment each other...
...and, for how handsome he is....even when he doesn't know it:)
I thank God for this beautiful girl with eyes that bring me to my knees....Sailer, you are my real life princess, and I pray that you grow into an amazing Godly woman!
I thank God for this exceptional, sensitive, BIG-loving boy of mine...who knocks me down with his giant bear hugs and whispers the sweetest little prayers. You are the perfect son for me, Noah....

~Thank you Amber for capturing these precious moments with our family!~


3 comments:

Ashly said...

Love the pictures! I'm so thankful for you guys too:) Glad you had a good thanksgiving

Rieses Pieces said...

BEAUTIFUL Photos (as always)! We love Cornhole too! (Mike was in charge of a softball tournament 2 years ago in Virginia Beach for his work company and had a big dinner and a game of Cornhole (ON THE BEACH!) It was really cool and a big hit-glad someone else we know loves it too! Cant wait to see the Pendley Annual Christmas card! Ours is awesome only because of the awesome photographer who captured some of our best...:) Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS with your family!

Rieses Pieces said...

We LOVE Cornhole too! So neat to know someone else who enjoys it too~(Longstory behind our love for cornhole)...Your family photos are beautiful as always!
Lookingforward to your annual Christmas Card....had a blast working on ours this year, thanks to Jason's talent with our photos! :) Praying you get that shopping done...you are an amazing wife and mommy and I know God will find that time for you to get it all done :)