Hi Friends....for some reason, I'm feeling like I should apologize for my own silliness and/or strangeness before posting what I'm about to post....after all, you may not find it funny in the least....nonetheless, I still feel compelled to share some funny stuff about my 5 year old....my sweet, silly, imaginative boy :) As most of you know, Noah turned 5 this past June. He's super shy, kind of silly...ok...A LOT of silly, extremely sensitive, unassuming, tender, peacemaker, and a great helper to me! Initially, when I made the decision to homeschool, I thought...as many first-time homeschooling parents probably wonder....how will I successfully separate the role of mother/teacher? Well...thankfully, this transition has been much more smooth than I anticipated. But...yep..here's another BUT....there are times when my face is hurting b/c I want to show emotions that I would show as a mom...not as a teacher. I cannot tell you how many times I've excused myself so that I could bury my face in a pillow and laugh.....there are just some darn funny moments with this boy! I wanted to share a couple from this week....I am trying to write these moments down as often as I can, b/c I know that I will enjoy reading them one day.....here goes....1. Me: Noah, can you tell me again...who is the first man to walk on the moon? Noah: Nemo Armstrong! (What???? And, how did he answer that with a serious face?)
2. As Noah was reading through his word families, he came across a word that he didn't know at first....then, all of a sudden, he said..."Oh yeah...I know that word. It's piss." LOL! What???
3. So....we have been practicing paying for items with pennies and nickels. This week, we learned the value of a nickel and about Thomas Jefferson. Noah often talks aloud to himself as he's thinking about something....as I was listening today, he said..."So....a nipple is 5 cents, and a penny is 1 cent." Ahhh!
4. After a brief prayer/Bible time in the mornings, we always update our calendar. Today, Noah explained to me that we are now in the month of Neptune. HUH? Oh, geez! What to do with this boy???
5. Lastly, this is not an actual "moment," but it is a funny characteristic. Noah can cry on cue. It's true. He generally is not a back-talker, but sometimes, he does...I'll be honest. It's something that I'm sure all parents of 5 year olds are dealing with, but Noah will say...."Mom...LOOK. AT. MY. EYES. You are making me cry, b/c I am SO mad at you! Phooey!" Now...I bet you're wondering...how could think that is funny? Well....it's just how he looks when he's making that face...and, when he says Phooey, I just about lose it. Ahhh...it's one of those moments that I will remember when I'm having a waking spell at night, and then, I'll just starting giggling.
Do you guys have any moments like these? I couldn't imagine a day without my Noah. He has me laughing ALL the day long!
Until next time....hope you all are having a great week & enjoying some cool Fall weather!
4 comments:
HILARIOUS! And #5 just had me rolling. Phooey! Oh my word. Stop it!!! These kiddos sure do know how to lay it on thick, don't they. That's why we love them so much. :)
How funny! I was reading this at school (shhh! Don't tell!) and it was so hard to keep from laughing out loud. I love the Nemo Armstrong one. And I have a WONDERFUL song to help Noah, and Sailer learn about the value of coins and who/what is on them. I will try to pull it up and send it to you asap.
I love this blog post and I'll be looking forward to more of hearing about your 2 cuties! I just love Noah and his little heart! You're doing a wonderful job raising them. Keep up the good work:)
Love it Summer! I cannot tell you how many times I had to leave my classroom just so I could laugh! You have to love their innocence! What a sweet boy!
Post a Comment