Monday, August 31, 2009

Team Turtles, A Fun Birthday, & The Many Faces of Sailer...:)

As usual, here I am making up for lost time with a HUGE post....listen people...we have BUSY BUSY BUSY! As it turns out, these first two weeks of school and soccer have kept us on our toes...there have been few evenings when we haven't had commitments...however, this busyness has been a blessing to our family of four. Jason and I are thoroughly enjoying Noah's soccer season so far...this past Saturday, he had his very first GAME! I can admit this now....I was super nervous for him, considering that he had only had ONE practice, and he is the only player that has NOT played before (the others players have played indoor soccer last winter). We told him that if in doubt...just run with the other kids..lol! And, to our surprise, he was able to easily keep up with the others, and he even gained control of the ball twice! Woo-hoo! We were super proud parents, and...in case you're wondering...YES, I am officially one of those loud parents shouting from the sidelines! It was a blast! We have a week off for Labor Day, but we are pumped to get back in the game with Noah the week after....hopefully, I will be able to keep posting, but we will be having two games/week, so I'll do my best! Anyway...here's a couple of pics from Noah's first game...GO TURTLES!!!!! (BTW~ Isn't that the silliest team name? LOL! Well...it could be worse...we played the Team Geckos!!!!!)
Noah with Coach Vic...we love him! He's awesome!
Who says boys can't do high kicks??? Go Noah!


The starting four....James, Ryan, Noah, and Chadd...:)


This shot was actually taken during the game....Noah looks so relaxed, doesn't he? This is how he dribbles the ball....he walks with it and kicks it...and, if someone takes it away, he's perfectly fine with that....haha! By the end of the game, he was slowly learning to fight for the ball...:)


As for Sailer & I, we were sweating it out on the sidelines...it was so muggy and humid! I love this look she was giving Jason here...that's my girl!


Her newest look...not sure what this one means...but, I think it's pretty cute :)


Sailer's sideline cheer/chant for Big Brother Noah! :) I like to think she has a little "cheerleader blood" in her somewhere....



Sailer lounged with Uncle Cody for awhile.....



....and, eventually found a soccer ball of her own to play with. She's been kicking our soccer ball around the house quite a bit these last two weeks.


At the end of the game, all of the kids walked through the tunnel of parents....I wasn't quick enough for this one...I was w/Sailer at the time.




Such a proud daddy and beautiful boy! I'm so glad Jason was able to sneak away from work long enough to come to Noah's first game!
Moving on....this week, we also celebrated Uncle Chad's BIG 27th birthday!!!!! As you know, we're always up for a good party! We love birthdays around here!

Chad with his baby girl, Maddie...and our baby girl, Sailer....I thought this would make a cute picture.....after holding both girls, Chad thought they weighed about the same, which could be true....(they are only about 2-3 lbs. apart!)....the only difference is that Sailer's weight is spread out...she is about twice as long as Maddie....and, Maddie is in her chunky stage, which I love! Her thighs are bigger than Sailer's!!! LOL!

I think Junior was tickled that Sailer walked up to him with her hands up...wanting him to hold her. Honestly, I think he was in shock...Sailer rarely does this to anyone but me..:)




Maddie loves her Uncle Bo!!!!! And, Uncle Bo loves that she loves him! :)


See the thighs????? Told ya!



When someone is about to blow out candles....Noah somehow appears out of nowhere...he is a cake-loving machine!!!!!




He loved licking the redneck deer off of Chad's cake! Hilarious!



I just love her...look at those icing lips!



Ooops! Did I do something wrong????



Ya talkin' to me????



This picture sums up our night....really! Maddie, for some reason, could not get enough of Sailer....she was trying to attack her everytime we got these two close. I could not believe my eyes! I have never see Maddie like this...she wasn't being mean at all...she just wanted to pull at Sailer's clothes, poke at her face, and grab her all over! I particularly love this picture, b/c every muscle in Maddie's little body is flexed as she was trying to get to Sailer....Kristin and I would not stop laughing!


Sailer says..."It's my turn to get you Maddie!!!!" LOL!
Sorry to be so random guys.....the following pictures are a couple that I took over the last week as Sailer and I had some amazing mommy/daughter time together while Noah was at school....we are still getting used to our "new normal," but I have to say...I love being with this blessing of a girl! She is extraordinary, and she is so so so fun to be with! I plan to post more on this later, but, for now, here are a couple of pictures of a typical day for Sailer and I.....



Sailer collects all of her favorite things...i.e....her mint green blankie, her "What's Bigger Than Me?" book, and Noah's Counting Book, and watches TV while laying on our ottoman....what a life! It amazes me that she loves to do this....when Noah was this age, he was go GO GO! He never stopped! Sailer, on the other hand, likes to lounge, read, do puzzles, read, draw on her DoodlePro, read, dance, read, watch Baby Einstein, read, eat, and did I mention read? Haha! That is ALL she wants to do! I love it, b/c I LOVE to read too! I'm having a blast with my girl!
Below are a couple of pics of Sailer....and all of her many faces! She is becoming very animated these days, and I find myself laughing all of the time! Enjoy!


Since Sailer's crazy hair is getting so long, I've resorted to putting barretts in it at home...b/c, for some reason, she won't leave her bows in while she's at home. This week, I experimented with little afro puffs...haha! It was too cute! You can see it in the picture, but the rubberbands I used are clear, so it may be difficult....



And, my girl loves eating with a fork! We tried the cute, Gerber forks, but she prefers eating with the real thing! She's really good...still working on eating with a spoon though!


YUM!


Silly face!!!



OK...so she pulled out the clear rubberbands, so now, we moved on to mommy's claw clip....


Ok mom....I'll keep this one in for awhile....:)



And, this is what happens when Noah gets home....the kids lounge for about 30 min. or so before afternoon nap....they are so sweet together. On this particular day, they watched an entire movie together! They are wonderful children! Thank you Lord!!!!

2 comments:

The Madsens said...

I love all the pictures! I was cracking up looking at all the little guys with their soccer socks up past their shorts-too cute! And Sailer is such a cute little ham!

Joanna said...

lol. Thanks for your post Summer! It's good to know I'm not the only photo fanatic around here. But who could help it with such adorable kiddos? :)