Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Week Ahead....:)

Hi ya'll!! :) Well...thoughts and emotions are swarming in my head as I try...somewhat aimlessly, to put together this post. I can't believe that our summer is drawing to a close...but, boy has it been fun! Our family has so many wonderful memories from the last few months! Today, my heart is full and hopeful. First, Noah begins Pre-K tomorrow...guys, this is the real deal...it's full-time! We were lucky enough (it was obviously a God thing!) to get a spot in a local Pre-K academy that was highly recommended to us. Initially, we had Noah enrolled at Burnt Hickory 3 days/week for their 4's program, but, after talking with several friends with older children, we've decided that full-time Pre-K is the way to go. Plus, it is obvious that Noah is ready for this transition. Can't say that I'm completely ready...but, when would I ever be anyway? :)

So, he starts tomorrow. This will be a HUGE, yet, welcome challenge for our family....we will be getting up earlier, and we'll be introduced to homework assignments, parent/teacher conferences, field trips, and much more that we were NOT expecting!! But, we are beyond excited...especially for our precious son, Noah. He is extraordinary, and we know that he will be a blessing to his teachers and friends. Please pray for him on his first day....he is completely over the moon excited about going! I've told him countless times over the past few days about how I will be a little sad that he is leaving us everyday, but he said (with a smile)..."Oh, mom...if you really miss me, you can just come get me!" Ahhh...he's such a sweetheart. :) Too bad I won't be able to do that!

On another note...Noah's first soccer practice will be this week also....please pray for his first season in soccer to be a fun one! We are sure it will be. We can't wait for his games to begin in a few short weeks...

Finally....I'd also like to requests prayers for the Tucker family. Many of you are familiar with the Tucker's story. They are preparing (probably as I type this) to have a baby this week! Ashly and Denny are going to be amazing parents, and we cannot WAIT to meet this beautiful and miraculous child! (Ashly and Denny did not find out what they were having, but I'm thinking "pink.") Specifically, pray for Ashly's scheduled amniocentesis on Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. If all is fine with the amnio, induction should take place Tuesday night at 8 p.m. Of course, these times are subject to change..based on baby T, but we truly believe that the Tuckers will hold their precious one sometime on the 19th....:)

Whew...I THINK that's all for now...I'll do my best to post updates about the Tuckers and Noah's first day of school....I've already made my mind up though...this is going to be a Happy Week!!!!

~Summer :)

2 comments:

Laura Ripley said...

Fun changes coming up. School will be great and you guys are going to love sports. We have the best time at Cameron's sports. I will continue to pray for Ashley. We asked our Sunday school class to pray with us this week. God is good. Noah is a super great kid. I know he will do well in everything he does.

Ashly said...

Thanks for posting our prayer needs on your blog:) We'll take all the prayers we can get! Love ya