Noah and Sailer are my "little blessings." I wanted to share some sweet moments and things about them that make me so proud to be their mommy :)
First, I have to begin with Noah's 4 year well check today....typically, I don't post anything about Noah's Dr. visits....but, I have to share what happened today. First of all, I was nervous all morning about taking him to the Dr. b/c I knew that he was getting THREE shots! Keep in mind...he hasn't had shots since his 2 year well check, and was basically a baby then....things are MUCH different now, and he is MUCH more aware. He knows what a shot is. So....needless to say, I was dreading the appt. So...Jason met me at the office so that he could wait in the waiting room with Sailer while I went back with Noah. We had to wait for awhile...then, finally, the nurse came in to check Noah's blood pressure, etc. His weight was 35 lbs., which was FOUR pounds more than last year (big surprise for us....b/c he is soooo skinny!). Anyway, the nurse said..."Well, I'm going to check your heart now." Then, without hesitation, Noah looks up at her and says..."Jesus lives in my heart." Whoa. I was worried about the shots making me tear up..and, now, I was holding back tears when I heard those sweet sweet words come out of his mouth. The nurse that was checking his heart actually didn't hear what he said b/c she had earplugs in her ears, so Dr. Colon (Noah's dr.) said...."Did you hear what he said? He said Jesus lives in his heart!" Of course, they melted...and me too! It was soooo very sweet and made me so proud. I only wondered...What did Jesus think about that? I bet he smiled!!! That's for sure!
Now to talk about our sweet little Sailer....sweet and sassy, that is! :) She will be 15 months old this Friday (26th). She cut tooth #7 on Father's Day...I didn't even know it! She has been a great and easy teether (thank you Lord!), so I rarely know when she is teething...but, overall, she's been a SLOW teether too. We are at a very fun and exciting stage with Sailer...her personality is blossoming each and everyday....yesterday, as I was putting clothes into her closet, she peeked around the side of the closet door, and said "Boo!" It took me by surprise! She continued to say "Boo!" throughout the day...so, yes, we were playing peek-a-boo all day long! :) I love those moments....they come out of nowhere, and I am so lucky that I was there to experience it...She's also developed a fascination with Dora the Explorer. Yesterday, the theme song to Dora was playing, and Sailer came running (in her own, little way) around the corner pointing at the TV. She said "Dor-da! Dor-da!" I couldn't believe it! She was soooo excited about Dora! That made me smile! She is also saying "Thank You" pretty well...it sounds like she is saying "Dink-Q," but she expresses herself through her tone, which is super cute! Maybe I can record some of these little conversations soon....she is surprising me with her understanding and development of vocabulary....more to come on that, I'm sure.
Talk to you soon bloggers...:)
4 comments:
Summer, that is so cute about Noah. It's amazing how much they can comprehend at their young age. At bedtime a few weeks ago, after her prayers, Mackenzie said,"I know where Jesus is." I asked her where, expecting her to say Heaven--and she said, "in my heart"!!!! I had the same reaction you did! Our kids have the right idea!
I love the precious moments that fill your heart with joy. Are we not so blessed? The children are wonderful and great job on the sewing! I am very impressed.
I just love your precious little ones and you too! Thanks for sharing such sweet stories!
How precious Summer! I love hearing such sweet stories:) Just wait...you will be singing the Dora song in your head soon. It drives me crazy, but Kylie loves it too!
Post a Comment