Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Baby Girl Is 4 Months Old!!!

It's hard to believe, but Sailer is 4 months old now...actually, she's about 4 months and 1 week old or so, but I was a little late making her 4 months appt., and so Noah and I took her yesterday to the doctor. She is doing very well....we are past the colicky stage (praise God!), and she has developed the most sweetest and soft little soul. I ADORE her. There's a part of myself that I see in her that, obviously, I couldn't see in Noah. I have bonded with her in a completely different way than Noah. That's what makes having 2 children special....you worry about loving them both, but what you don't realize is that there is a different kind of love that you are able to give and express to each one. Only a mother would understand....
Anyway, on to Sailer's appt....she is 13 lbs. 13 ounces, which is healthy, but only in the 25% for weight. She had been in the 50% for weight during previous appointments, so it's a little odd. I don't think I posted anything about this, but 2 weeks ago, we took Sailer to Scottish Rite for an Upper GI. The results were normal...BUT, they found a narrowing in her duodenum (sp?). This is the opening to her intestine, and the fact that it is slightly narrowed may contribute to her feeling full faster, having stomach cramps (similar to colic), OR wanting to eat TOO fast. So, we are going back to Scottish Rite next week to see a GI specialist, so that they can take an x-ray to better see the opening to her intestine. Chances are...they'll do nothing but monitor her, but in some cases, they may give her medication to help with digestion, etc. So, the fact that she went from 50th percentile to 25th percentile for weight MAY be due to this issue. So, we'll see. It's ironic....even though Sailer's doctor said she was "downsizing," she is looking the opposite to us. She is plumping up and filling out like crazy! Over the weekend, we took her out to a LifeGroup dinner, and we had 2 strangers come up to us and tell us that they loved our "chunky baby!" I have to say....We sure do LOVE our chunky baby too!
Here are some random pics of precious Sailer at four months....:)
Lounging After a nice warm bath....I massaged her thighs where those mean old shots were given....:(
Over at Nene's watching Noah swim....check out those chunky arms!
Angel Face...
See? My legs are healthy too!! :)

No comments: