Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Something Sweet I'd Never Expect...

As moms, we all experience funny and sweet moments everyday that we just don't talk about or have time to write about, but I thought I would today.....
I was rocking Sailer for a few minutes this morning before her nap, and Noah cracks open her door to peek in, as he always does, but instead of seeing his face, I only see his hand holding both of my flip flops. He gently lays them by the door in perfect position for me to slip on before I leave her room. I thought this was SO cute....apparently, I had slipped them off right outside the door before going into her room, and he thought I might need them as I left. Amazing...how a toddler's mind works...and how they pick up on EVERY detail of how we, as parents, do things.
But, it didn't stop there....
About a minute later, he cracks open the door again, sticks his head around the side and blows me a kiss...while being SO quiet as to not make a loud kissing sound since he knows he should be quiet while I am rocking sissy.
So, first, I'm laughing and shaking my head at the flip flop thing, and next, I'm holding back tears b/c one of the loves of my life just did something SO thoughtful and so honest and so genuine.....
Then, my mind got to thinking (oh..this could be scary by the way. Jason says I think TOO much..hehe!) ....This is why I am home with my kids....Sure, some of my days are chaotic, some are not too much fun, but most are incredible! amazing! splendid! extraordinary! I could go on and on, but you get the picture. My point in sharing this is to THANK GOD for making it possible for me to be with my children during this crucial and fleeting time in their lives, when they need me SO VERY MUCH to guide and protect them. All of the sacrifices that Jason and I have made to make this possible are SMALL prices to pay b/c I get to share stories like this with all of my family and friends, not to mention all of the memories that I am experiencing every day.
Making Memories is why I am meant to stay home.....

3 comments:

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

I love it!! He is such a sweetie.

Beth Goff said...

SO SWEET!! That is a precious story... Happy Birthday Jason.

Summer... the kids are precious. I am so glad you are enjoying every moment of being a mom of two!! Miss you!

Cheryl said...

yes, enjoy the time while you can. Those memories will last a lifetime...cheryl