So. When I picked up Sailer from school today, her teachers, along with another parent, met me at the door saying, "We have to tell you what Sailer told us today." My first thought is...Oh, goodness....this could be anything...hope it's not something I'd be embarrassed about..lol. (Doesn't every parent have this same thought??) Anyway, I noticed immediately that Sailer did not have her hairbow in her hair....well, this past Tuesday, the same thing happened. When I picked her up, her flower was missing...(it was actually clipped on her teacher's shirt..:) What I didn't know was that Sailer told her teacher that she wanted her hair to flow in the wind...lol. (probably b/c of her fascination with Rapunzel...that's another story for another day). Anyway, TODAY, her explanation for losing her bow was a little different. Her teacher told me that when she asked Sailer why she didn't want to wear her bow, Sailer responded with a very sassy attitude saying, "Well, I'd rather wear a flower." Ha! Oh, goodness...well, the good news is that what she said was not embarrassing...but, gee whiz! All I could do was laugh, b/c it was pretty cute...gotta admit that.
You'd think that having a daughter for 3 whole years now...I'd be less-surprised at some of the girly/sassy/spicy antics of having a girl, but, not. really. In a way, I know that I have MUCH to learn....and, Sailer confirms that fact every single day of her little life. My, how different boys and girls are! Sailer has such a sophistication and daintiness about her...long tapered fingers, slender feet and tiny toes, a sweet button nose, a preciseness that's difficult to articulate, and yet, a fearlessness that scares me to death. I guess that's one way that she and Noah are alike:) Fearless beings they are! And, how is it that a girl can be born liking princessy things??? Does that part just come with having a girl? It sure does seem so in our case...for sure!
One of Sailer's favorite toys at the moment is her Disney Princess Piano. For the most part, ALL of the kids toys are kept in our playroom, but Sailer's vanity, along with her princess piano is kept in her room. Why? Well, you see, our girl has a ritual....at night, she likes to paint her nails (pretend polish, of course), put on lip gloss, brush her hair (Lord, help us! It becomes a fro!), and dance. The other night, Daddy was working late...as he does many nights. I was tucking Noah into bed in the next room when I heard Sailer turn on her piano music...it was set to a beat. I walk in, and she's twirling in front of her vanity mirror. With each twirl, she would stop when she was facing the mirror..just enough so that she could catch a glimpse of herself, smile, cock her head to the side..then, twirl again. She'd run her fingers through her hair, and dance like no one was watching. Gosh...I WISH I had my camcorder ready for that moment! I didn't want her to catch me looking, so I hid next to the door hoping she'd continue....she did, and it was the cutest ever! So sweet! And, gosh...SO much like me! I can remember doing the same exact thing as a little girl....I'd stand in front of my mirror and rock out to Debbie Gibson and Tiffany...remember them??? Can we say....."Shake Your Love!" or "I think we're alone now" anyone??? lol. Makes me feel old...and, very old-school:)
I never dreamed that, at 3, Sailer could carry on conversations with me like she does....she is SUCH a smart and bright girl. Of course, I'm going to say that..b/c she's my daughter (duh!), but she really does blow me away! At the beginning of the school year, I remember walking her into school...praying that she would not refuse to walk in...especially since we had had a tough year leaving her in the church nursery. But, she was fine...praise God! Her teachers would always say..."She is so perfect. She is so quiet. She shares with everyone!" Of course, I was SO proud! Then, one day, there was a substitute teacher, and when I picked up Sailer, the teacher pulled me aside to tell me that she was blown away by Sailer's math skills! Apparently, she is known as the silent, smart type:) And, we certainly do not mind this label...:) I am just so proud of my girl! It warms my heart to see and hear her sing songs that she's learned (with the motions, which is precious!), and tell me that Jesus loves her. What an awesome truth! I pray she can always take such pride in her accomplishments, and continue to soar into learning like she has. And, although I'm not sure if I will homeschool her for her Kindergarten year, I know that I will be blessed by being able to teach her....simply b/c she teaches me too! In fact, she corrects me sometimes...lol!
In other news, Sailer has been moved up again in gymnastics! Woo-hoo! So, we are up to a one hour class this summer, and Noah is enrolled too! Fun times! We just cannot wait! Gymnastics is Sailer's love, and it tickles me that she is learning so much and getting stronger with each class.
I just can't say it enough...I just have the very best of two very different worlds with these kids, and particularly with Sailer, she's all the girl I'll ever need or want! She is not perfect, and neither am I, but we do fit perfectly together, and this is a true testament of the Lord's divine plan for me...I cannot wait to see and share the life that he has planned for our Sailer as she continues to grow and change each and every year...but, for now, "NO Sailer, you may not have a cell phone when you turn 5." (She just asked me this a few min. ago....).
Have a fantastic Thursday evening everyone! Can't wait to brag about my sweet boy SOON when he turns 6!!!! Geez! Taking in every. single. moment. By the way...I ran across this picture of Sailer from our trip to Myrtle Beach when she was just a little tot...one year old....wow. SO thankful for the picture memories we have to share!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment