Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011: Ready, Set, Go!!!!

So, hooray for the first official post of 2011! And, boy..what a year its been so far! For the past 3 days, our little community has been house-bound due to a burst of Winter! And, we've just learned that tomorrow will be Day 4. And, while a part of me has grown anxious, I truly have LOVED every second of this down-time with my sweet family of 4. We've been quite busy........snow-sledding, games (The Cat in the Hat & UNO-Moo are our current faves), lots of reading (luckily, I took the kids book-shopping last weekend before the storm hit, so we had NEW books!), a full day of homeschooling for Noah, more sledding, a few battles (not literally, of course) on the Wii, a little movie-watching, a little baking, and lots and lots of loving on each other! It's been a JOY! I'd say the only pet peeve of mine this week has been the "clutter" around the house...mostly consisting of wet clothes and snow boots. But, no complaining here. In a sense, these past few days have been the relaxing portion of Christmas break that we never really got....so, for that, I'm grateful. Hope you guys have had a special & safe time with your families too! Here are some pictures of our snow fun...plus a few from NYE 2010. Ready, Set, GOOOOOO!

Here we are....wind-blown, frozen faces and all! We had to make a run to Waffle House after this one...ha! Don't judge...:P
On the tip top of the world..this boy was!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!

And, this girl was pretty giddy too!
It takes skill to walk on this stuff mommy!
Once I explained to Sailer that she had to "stomp" on the snow to gain her footing, she was all good...she actually loved the stomping part...what child wouldn't???
Giving thumbs up to Daddy on Day 1 of snow-playing...
Snow sweetie!
A game a ring around the rosey is always fun!!!!!

Oh, boy!!!!!! Snow is AWESOME!
The kids looked so sweet on Sunday morning before church, so we HAD to take a picture....you know we barely miss an opportunity for picture-taking, right?
Sailer on NYE.....can we say crazy hair?????
Sailer modeling her new accessories that DD got her for Christmas....pretty bangles and furry hairbands to match her outfit....thank you DD!
I love you, my girl!
Jason & I...NYE. I'll take responsibility for his messed-up hair....I was playing with it before the picture:)
From right...Laura (my soon-to-be sis-n-law...Nov. '11), me, and my current sis-n-law, Kristin! We had such great conversation on NYE. Beats being out 100%!!!!
Goofy bros! All I can say....
Kristin & I.....Happy New Year!!!
And, the absolute BEST picture of all!!!! Our sweet children and cousins! Lord, thank you for these beautiful and sweet blessings!!!!! I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate a new year!!!!



3 comments:

Ashly said...

Such great snow pictures! Noah and Sailer are at such fun ages! I'm really in need of hanging out...SOON!

Miss you!

Joanna said...

So much prettiness in one post! :) I swear I have never seen anyone look as adorable in the snow as Miss Sailor (except maybe her mommy! ;) lol) and what beautiful snow it was! I love the little cousins pic too with Miss Maddie - you are right - such blessings. :) Can't wait for Jet to have little cousins to play with someday! Much love!

Mo & Tiffany said...

Super cute pics Summer!