Well....hello! How 'bout 2 blog posts in one week? I think this may be a first...lol. Anyway, hope this week finds you all well and looking forward to the weekend! I know I am! But, first, I'm so excited to share with you all Noah's Study Space, as we like to call it. When Jason & I decided that we were going to home-school Noah, my first thought was....we really need a space for learning.....an environment where lessons can be taught without distractions. So, basically, we turned a small corner of our sunroom into a study space. It's taken me all summer long, and much research to decide what materials I would need.....for example, I am only teaching Noah K Math and K Social Studies/Map Skills. Noah will attend a private co-op institution (it's technically not a school) on Mondays/Wednesdays where he will be tutored in Language Arts, Science, and Chapel. He will be tutored with 5-7 other students in Kindergarten AND 1st grade (How about that for class size?). Then, on Tuesday/Thursday, I will supplement what he learned (via web postings) and teach my own Math & Social Studies lessons (via A Beka). It may sound a bit confusing...and, believe me, it's taken me awhile to wrap my brain around the process, but I am totally excited! And, Noah is too! Although...I must mention that Noah told me that I must dress like a teacher if I was going to teach him...lol. So, Noah, how exactly do teachers dress? Still waiting for an answer to that one...:) On another note, Noah told Jason this evening that he had the best teacher in the WORLD...me! Little does he know, there's a part of me that's scared to death, but, hearing him say that reminded me of why I am taking this challenge....I love Noah more than anything! And, I'm going to do the very best I can to provide a positive and fun Kindergarten experience for him!

Noah's Study Space!!!
The book displayed on top of the organizer is VERY special to me.....it was a Child's Quiet Time book that I bought for Noah when he was 9 months old. Now, he'll get to use it.....and, if you are wondering about our little doggy on the yard stick...his name is Sparky, and Noah will use him as a pointer during games, activities, etc. lol. Gotta keep things interesting, you know!
Counters.....and more counters...
Game Pieces....I am super excited about the Math Games I'll be using....there's a Big Bank game, Cheery Colors, Beside the Sea, Let's Go!, The Big Park, Hickory Dickory Dock, and the Old Apple Tree Game....:)
The Truth. Enough said.
Supplies...and more supplies....
And, last, but certainly not least, Noah's class pets.....frogs Princess (named for Sailer) and Chameleon....
4 comments:
Summer, this is so exciting! It looks like a real classroom!
And I totally remember that book!!! So glad it's going to come in handy!
Wow Summer! Great job with the classroom! You are going to be such a fun teacher. :) Noah is going to love it! And class pets?! You're hilarious and just plain awesome!
Looks fantastic! I'm considering homeschool for EB as well. What materials are you using (specifically) for math? LA is my strong suit, but math...umm, I need help in that area! Can't wait to hear all about your adventure with your prize-pupil!
Hi! Saw this on facebook and thought I should check out your blog. It's been awhile:) Well, you are definitely organized and ready. I remember setting my classroom up similar to you. I was extremely nervous when I started, but got into a groove and loved it. You'll be great! Just take it in stride...:)
Post a Comment