
Hahahaha...well, this is not the picture that I have been trying to get of Sailer for the past week, but it sure does give a glimpse into our little girls persona...:) Basically, I wanted to share some new things about our Sailer to mark her ONE year birthday...and, yes, I'm a tad late on posting this...I know. Sailer had her one year well check last Friday...we are delighted and SO thankful to say that she is healthy and thriving! It's hard to believe, but she has grown one FOOT since being born one year ago. She is now 29 inches, which is in the 50th percentile for length. And, to my surprise, she is only 19 lbs. 12 ounces, which is in the 25th percentile for weight! This has dropped considerably...which is probably due to her being so active now. Our Dr. explained that this normally happens between 9 and 12 months...and, come to think of it, I remember this happening with Noah as well. It's funny, though, b/c to us, she is so chunky! Ha!~:)
I find this picture funny b/c...for one thing, Sailer has never been a "pacifier type of gal," but, for some reason, she has started wanting her paci at naps and bedtime (probably due to teething). However...she only puts it in her mouth upside-down! She is silly...that's for sure. :) And, her hair...well, that's another story...one question...WHAT do I do with this crazy mane of hers??? Yes, she got her curly hair from me (although my mom swears that Sailers is way curlier than mine ever was!), but I honestly do not remember having to deal with all of this pizazz...as some like to call it! It's uncontrollable! With Noah, I always used a blow dryer after baths so that he wouldn't go to bed with his hair wet...(I was always afraid he would catch a cold!). But, with Sailer, the blow dryer DOES NOT work. Believe me...we tried it, and there was an explosion on her head...one big giant puff of hair! Lol! So...as crazy as this may sound, I actually put some pomade in it, and this seems to "calm it" a bit. Ahhh....wonder what she will think of this later on....????
Anyway...our girl is a BIG eater...and loves egg omelets with cheese in the mornings and she has officially fallen in love with Chick-fil-A. In fact, many times, she'll finish her nuggets and eat whatever is left of Noah's..which is hard to believe! And, thank the Lord, she's off of her formula...although, she is still not in love with milk (we buy soy milk)...I am hoping that this gets better. Our Dr. says that she should be getting around 10 to 15 ounces of milk per day...so, that's not asking a lot.....even though, at times, getting her to drink even this much is a chore.
I can't complain though...she has really become such an easy and laid back little girl....I am so thankful for this, especially since she is my second. After enduring the dreaded colicky phase, I feel as though this is my "serenity." Thank you Lord! Now, this is not to say that she doesn't have her "diva" moments...after all, she IS a girl! Looking back, I don't think that Noah EVER had a temper tantrum until he turned 3. Well, Sailer beat him! Lol! Let's face it...she likes it HER way...and, she can be very VOCAL about not getting her way. I have to admit...this is my ONE challenge with her...b/c this "attitude" came out of nowhere, so I wasn't exactly ready to tackle this just yet. But, I've been consistent with her...as best I know how. The hardest part is that she knows EXACTLY what she is doing....that little stinker! The other day, I was feeding her lunch...a combo of green beans, chicken nuggets, orange slices....and, I would put a couple bites of all three on her tray all at once. I quickly noticed that she was eating her green beans very quickly...I was so happy! Then, when it was time to clean up, I found a little pile of green beans on the floor next to her chair. SAILER!!!!! As if she understood what I was saying, I explained that she needs to eat her green beans, etc. Without hesitation, she looks up at me with these gigantic green eyes and puts her hand towards my mouth...opens her hand, and two green beans fall out! Ahhhh! She wanted ME to eat them! She giggled and I thought to myself....Oh, goodness...I have my work cut out for me. Yep...she's sly....she also goes around the house and pulls all of the plastic child-proof plug-ins out of the sockets....um....did I say child-proof? B/c they're not...at least, they're not SAILER proof :) I've come to the conclusion that the second born figures things out at super speed, especially our inquisitive little Sailer...we are continuously amazed at her perspective on things...
She loves rolling and dropping balls in the playroom...for some reason, she giggles and giggles when she drops the ball ( I think she may think that she is throwing them...like Noah does). She also LOVES her Disney Princess mini-books...they are block books given to her by our friends, KellyAnn and Scott Madsen. :) We read ALL of them on a daily basis...and, she loves listening to Noah's audio books...and, of course, ANYTHING Baby Einstein! She is still VERY into watching her videos as she is playing and exploring. She has also started climbing a good bit, but NOT nearly as much as Noah did at this age. She is definitely more into investigating toys, books, and other things...rather than the "physical" things....although, she watches Noah's every move, so I better watch out. And, she loves hugging babies...which I just LOVE, b/c I was a HUGE babydoll fan when I was a little girl. It's funny b/c she has a bald baby doll...and, she really likes chewing on its head! Kinda funny :)
One thing that I am extremely grateful for is that Sailer LOVES pink! I'm convinced of it, b/c she squeals when she sees pink stuff....like, when I'm folding and putting up her clothes...and putting her stuffed bears and lambs back in place...she loves that. This just tickles me! I LOVE it! :)
I hope to get some videos uploaded soon of Sailer and Noah playing together..they are precious. Sailer has also really started to boogie lately, so, as soon as I get a video of this, I MUST share it. It's too cute :) Her favorite song at the moment is "Can't Touch This," by MC Hammer...haha! We LOVE our little girl...and cannot believe that her first year has already come and gone.
3 comments:
Liza had that crazy curly hair too when she was little. I used to put a little frizz control stuff in her hair after bath and before bed time. then, I would have to use a spray bottle in the morning and rewet it and put some curly cream in it to keep the curls from frizzing even more. It is tough but oh so cute. She looks gorgeous!!!
Lindsey
Seriously, Can't Touch This?! Soooo funny! And I can't tell you just how happy I am that Sailer loves her books! The teacher in me came out when trying to decide what to get her, and I'm so glad it worked out. And lordy her hair! She is so stinkin' cute!!
Oh she is just too cute :) I love this picture.
We also have the milk challenge at our house--Owen's not super crazy about milk so I really have to get creative! Sometimes we add fruit and make smoothies in the blender or add a little vanilla extract & cinnamon to flavor it...haha, they're so funny how they develop those little likes & dislikes so early!
Post a Comment