Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time To Blog!





I cannot BELIEVE that it has been this long since I've posted! Sorry for the monster-size update, but my life has been quite the soap opera lately..:)

First of all, I am back in school...this has been a decision that I have been struggling with for about six months. It's crazy, but it's a good feeling to be doing something for "me." I am one of those types of people that give and give and give....and, I don't give to myself, so this is one example of how I am giving to myself. Back in October, I took the GACE assessment (for Georgia educators), and that was my first step towards re-entering school, etc. As I awaited my results, I applied, and was accepted into a Masters program with University of Phoenix. My entire program is online, which is great for me (especially since Jason's hours are unpredictable). So...fastforward to November 24th. I have to wait ALL DAY until 5 p.m. to learn that I passed the GACE! Yeah! One hurdle down!

Then, the next day was my first day of class! This was a 3 week, jam packed class with 3 powerpoint presentations, 3 graduate papers, and two team projects! AHHHH! So, as I began working on these assignments, Thanksgiving rolls around, and Jason has to work ALL DAY, so I took the kids to eat lunch with Jason's family, and then we went to eat with my family. It was fun, but crazy without Jason. In the midst of all of this, Sailer turned 8 months old, and started crawling...everywhere!

Then, two days later, Jason broke his hand!! After spending six hours in the ER, and visiting an orthopedic, he had surgery about five days after he broke his hand. So, now, I have a LOAD of school work, an 8 month old that is crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything, AND a husband that cannot even change a diaper! Poor thing....his poor hand has two pins in it, and it has a splint in it that keeps his hand in an awkward position, so that it's difficult to hold things, etc. So, it has been rough!

But! I am doing great, and my kids are healthy, and I'm SOOOO thankful for that! Plus, I told Jason that this was a major reality check for me b/c I didn't realize just HOW MUCH he does for me to help with the kids. Now, I promise to be more thankful when his hand gets better! He will go visit the orthopedic tomorrow for a check-up. Please pray that he is healing properly!

Anyway, I think that's all for now! Thank you to all of you who checked on me over the past 3-4 weeks...I feel like I've been a bad friend, but the truth is, I've been pulled in every direction possible! I'm so sorry! I'm hoping that things will calm down..SOON!

1 comment:

Beth Goff said...

I LOVE all the new pictures! Yall have been VERY busy and I am so excited you are back in school and I know you will enjoy it! You will do great.

I am SO sorry about Jason's hand. I cannot imagine.

How fun that Sailer is crawling but harder on you too :) She is precious!!

I promise to update soon :) We just got back from vacation tonight. Merry Christmas!